Sunday, July 25, 2004

Phishing

I received this email message. It seems to be phishing for my personal information.

I don't have an account at USBank.

In addition, the entire message is an image, even the text. The line that looks like a link in the middle is just part of the image. Clicking anywhere on the image will take you to the same web site.

Yet the message includes the USBank logo. It looks fairly convincing.

I have received others from with CitiBank logos.

See my previous posting: Identity theft artists go phishing for your personal information.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Got all of those scam mails
This one is very good and uses an image map
I would NOT click to see the website unprotected in these cases, especially if you use IE
People are fooled unfortunatelly. I know cases. Blas