- Invading Kuwait, 1990
- Suppressing Kurdish and Shi'ite uprisings, 1991;
- Anfal ethnic cleansing campaign against Kurds, 1987-88;
- Gassing Kurdish villagers in Halabja, 1988;
- Killing political activists over 30 years;
- Killing religious figures, 1974;
- Killing thousands of the Kurdish Barzani clan, 1983.
Friday, July 02, 2004
The charges against Saddam are mainly historical
According to, for example, New Zealand News - World - The charges against Saddam and BBC NEWS | Middle East | Charges facing Saddam Hussein, the charges to be filed by Iraq's new government against Saddam Hussein are mainly concerned with acts committed in 1991 or before. Only a vague charge of "Killing Political Activists over 30 Years" concerns more recent acts. Here are the actual charges.