Thanks to Kathleen Engman for forwarding this.
From the Obama Action Wire.
The author of the latest anti-Barack hit book is appearing on WGN Radio in the Chicagoland market tonight. Your help is urgently needed to make sure his baseless lies don't gain credibility.You can donate to the Obama Action Wire here.
David Freddoso has made a career off dishonest, extreme hate mongering, even calling legislation to protect people from hate crimes the "Thought Police."
And WGN apparently thinks this card-carrying member of the right-wing smear machine needs a bigger platform for his lies and smears about Barack Obama -- on the public airwaves.
Freddoso will be on WGN tonight from 9:00 to 11:00 to promote his new attack book against Barack.
Tell WGN that by providing Freddoso with airtime, they are legitimizing baseless attacks from a smear merchant and lowering the standards of political discourse.
Call into the "Extension 720" show with Milt Rosenberg at (312) 591-7200
Here's some background on Freddoso
The Facts on Freddoso's book, The Case Against Barack Obama:
* Freddoso asks Barack, "How many unrepentant Communist terrorists do you have as friends?" [p. 126] This question is so ridiculous it refutes itself. Barack might as well ask Freddoso how many leprechauns he's friends with.
* Claims about taxes are "simply wrong":
• LIE: "Meanwhile, he argues that the wealthy need to pay more in taxes, and in March he voted to raise yours if your taxable income is greater than $32,500 a year." [p. xiii]
• TRUTH: Factcheck.org: The McCain Campaign "Is Simply Wrong To Say Obama Supported Raising Taxes On Those Making 'As Little As $32,000 A Year.'" [Factcheck.org, 7/8/08]
* Freddoso has no understanding of Chicago politics:
• LIE: "When Veteran Cook County Boss John Stroger faced a strong and credible challenge in the 2006 primary election from a reform-minded liberal Democrat, Obama said nothing...Obama's silence had probably saved Cook County's political kingpin." [pp. 8, 14]
• TRUTH: Obama's Neutrality Sent "A Silent Signal" That Was Helpful To Claypool. [Chicago Sun-Times, 3/16/06]
• TRUTH: Stroger Supported Hynes Against Obama In The Primary, Came With Stroger Machine Bodies. [From Promise To Power, pp. 207 - 208]
* Claims about "born alive" bill are completely inaccurate:
• LIE: "Three years later, he would offer this explanation for his opposition to the Illinois legislation in The Audacity of Hope: It mandated lifesaving measures for premature babies (the bill didn't mention that such measures were already the law) - but also extended 'personhood' to pre-viable fetuses, thereby effectively overturning Roe v. Wade. This is not true. Such measures were not already the law in Illinois." [p. 198]
• TRUTH: Illinois Law Stated That A Doctor Must Preserve The Life And Health Of A Fetus If In The Course Of An Abortion, There Is Reasonable Likelihood Of Sustained Survival. [Illinois Compiled Statutes, 720 ILCS 510/6]
A history of vicious partisan attacks:
* Freddoso Accused Hillary Clinton Of Getting Botox Treatments, Said Listening To Bill Clinton Gave Him "Nausea." [Human Events, 7/27/04]
* Freddoso Said John Kerry Used "Anti-American Rhetoric." [Human Events, 9/3/04]
Freddoso Thinks He's an Expert on Everything:
* Freddoso Criticized Mental Health Parity Legislation, Accused Patrick Kennedy Of Using Rehab As A Ploy To Generate Sympathy. [National Review Online, 5/15/07]
* Freddoso Called Hate Crimes Legislation "Thought Police." [Human Events, 6/25/04]
* Freddoso Called SCHIP "Welfare For Those Already Faring Well." [National Review Online, 8/22/07]
* Freddoso Accused Michael Schiavo And The ACLU Of Trying To Starve Terri Schiavo. [Human Events, 11/3/03]
* Freddoso: Kyoto Protocol Will "Destroy Manufacturing [...] And Cause Millions Of Jobs To Be Lost." [Human Events, 12/2/03]
The Obama Action Wire is a grassroots rapid response group for supporters to fight smears, spread the truth, push back on misleading media, and take positive action.
Forward this email to everyone you know or sign up for the Obama Action Wire now.