Monday, May 23, 2005

Google's My Search History

Another new service from Google. I found about about it in an email to "Google Friends" of last week that I'm just getting around to reading. The following is from the Google - My Search History Help page.
Ever find what you're looking for with Google, then promptly forget what you found? If so, you'll enjoy My Search History, a new service on Google Labs which lets you view and manage your search history from any computer via 'My Search History' links in the upper-right corner of your Google home page and search results pages.

My Search History shows you all the searches you've done on Google and the search results you've clicked on, and presents this information in ways we think are most useful. If you don't remember an exact search query, for instance, but you do remember when you did the search, you can use My Search History's calendar feature to check the searches you did on a given day and navigate to any of them with a single click. Full-text search over your history means you can easily find any search query or results page. We also show you related history over time; you can review everything Google has ever shown you about 'apples', 'bass fishing' or 'the wizard of oz,' for instance, by clicking the 'Related history' link next to any search term when it appears.
You have to sign up before the service starts keeping track of your searches. It also has a pause button if you want to do searches that you don't want it to remember. The Help page discusses privacy issues in more detail.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Google’s portal is fairly new, a much more subdued version of my yahoo.
Here is where you can set it up

http://www.google.com/ig

log in with your gmail and customize your page

Aslan