Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Clever spam attempt

I just received this message. (No images were included.)
You are receiving this email because you or someone else subscribed your email address to an email database that sends out information about swinger lifestyle and erotic events.

If you did not subscribe to this email database and want to be removed from it, please unsubscribe below, so your email address is removed.

Thank you for your assistance and cooperation.
Since I didn't subscribe to this mailing list, and since I don't believe anyone else submitted my email address, I'm assuming that the message is an attempt to verify email addresses for a spam mailing list. I didn't reply although one can see how people would be tempted to do so to get their names of the list.

No comments: